Would you gift a sex toy for Valentine's Day?

• yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • no

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • we'd choose it together but it would be their gift

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I'd give a gift card so they could chose their own

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

I'm Fine...

Jan 17, 2021
With Valentine's Day coming up would you buy a toy for your SO or do you feel that its a more personal item that they should pick out themselves?

Max

Staff member
Jan 15, 2021
U.S.A.
Yes! Have done before and would do again.

Although I do think it depends a lot on the person you are giving to. If you SO is already a fan of toys then adding another to the collection would seem to be a good plan. If it is a first toy, it might be better to talk it through first, or at least get an idea of what they may be interested in.

Frazzled Minnie

Jan 17, 2021
I think I'd prefer to have input into it. Toys can be expensive and if its something that I wouldn't use much I'd prefer to use that money in other ways. I'm old fashioned I guess- I like chocolates for valentines day (or any day for that matter!). So I wouldn't gift a toy without discussing it with my partner first.

Reactions: Tim Fox

Ellefunch

Jan 17, 2021
I think I'd prefer to have input into it. Toys can be expensive and if its something that I wouldn't use much I'd prefer to use that money in other ways. I'm old fashioned I guess- I like chocolates for valentines day (or any day for that matter!). So I wouldn't gift a toy without discussing it with my partner first.
Yeah I agree. I think its more fun to shop together.

Tim Fox

May 6, 2021
UK
Valentines Day is not something we celebrate, so no gifts at all for us. 🙂

I probably wouldn't buy a sex toy as a 'main event' present (valentines, birthday, Christmas, etc). They're just something we buy as and when we want one ('Happy Tuesday! 🙂).

And what do you tell people at work when they ask you what your partner got you for your birthday? 🙂 "I'm glad you asked Sandra. This year I got a fisting dildo"

• Haha
Reactions: Frazzled Minnie

Tim Fox

May 6, 2021
UK
I think I'd prefer to have input into it. Toys can be expensive and if its something that I wouldn't use much I'd prefer to use that money in other ways.

I agree with this. I think it's similar to buying lingerie as a present. Often it turns out to be about what the gifter wants, rather than the recipient. 🙂

Having said that, I do tend to buy most of our toys. 🙂 We have quite a collection now, and I've got a fair idea of what Mrs Chimp would like/not like. I still ask her opinion if she's around, but if not I feel confident enough to crack on and take my chances. 🙂

A little known perk of buying from Lovehoney is their Sex Toy Happiness Promise. You can buy a toy, try it out, and if it turns out it's not the one for you you can send it back for a refund. 🙂👍 You normally have 30 days from purchase, but it's been extended to 60 all through the pandemic to make it a bit easier for people.

(The Happiness Promise blurb is midway down the returns page)

Last edited:
Reactions: Frazzled Minnie

Fun21

Jan 18, 2021
United Kingdom
A little known perk of buying from Lovehoney is their Sex Toy Happiness Promise. You can buy a toy, try it out, and if it turns out it's not the one for you you can send it back for a refund. 🙂👍 You normally have 30 days from purchase, but it's been extended to 60 all through the pandemic to make it a bit easier for people.
wow that is really good! I've never seen a sex toy seller offer any kind of money back. I'll give them a try next time.

Tim Fox

May 6, 2021
UK
wow that is really good! I've never seen a sex toy seller offer any kind of money back. I'll give them a try next time.
It's a pretty good safety net, especially if you're on the fence about something. 🙂 You have to have an account, and they do turn them down sometimes - but that's normally if you've used it already recently, or trying to use it on multiple toys in one order, that kind of thing.

I've used it a couple of time in the past, and I thought it was really handy. 👍

Reactions: Lost Girl and Fun21