Frazzled Minnie

Jan 17, 2021
I just discovered this forum through a google search because I'm searching for some help! My kids are getting to the age where they are into everything and have very few boundaries as to what is mom and dads and what is theirs. So far they haven't noticed our drawer but I think I need to be proactive and find a more bulletproof solution to storing our toys more discretely. We have a plastic box with a sliding lock but I find we just don't tend to use it and its on the small side. After nearly 20 years of marriage we've amassed a decent sized collection. So has anyone found any practical and secure way to store toys to keep kids from finding them and bringing them out to show the inlaws when they're in town? I'd like to avoid putting a lock on the drawer because that would just make them determined to know what was in there.

Reactions: Max and I'm Fine...

I'm Fine...

Jan 17, 2021
I'd love some ideas too. I have one with a combination lock on it but always forget to open it before we get started. We struggle to do the combination once things get slippery. 🤣 it just becomes a hassle, maybe I'm just lazy.

• Haha
Reactions: Max

Max

Staff member
Jan 15, 2021
U.S.A.
I looked into this a while ago, and there really wasn't much on the market. And none of it was big enough or particularly well designed and made. You've inspired me to see if anything new has come along!

VibeFan

Jan 15, 2021
U.S.A.
So has anyone found any practical and secure way to store toys to keep kids from finding them and bringing them out to show the inlaws when they're in town? I'd like to avoid putting a lock on the drawer because that would just make them determined to know what was in there.
I don't know why, but somehow our sex drawer has some kind of magical force field around it that stops the little ones from venturing inside. It is odd, because they are into everything else. Hopefully it can stay that way!
Kimmy Schmidt Good Luck GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Frazzled Minnie

Jan 17, 2021
I don't know why, but somehow our sex drawer has some kind of magical force field around it that stops the little ones from venturing inside. It is odd, because they are into everything else. Hopefully it can stay that way!
Kimmy Schmidt Good Luck GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
I know we're on borrowed time. Mine just haven't discovered it yet once they do its only a matter of time before they take something in to school for show and tell and I can never show my face at school again.

• Haha

t673

Feb 8, 2021
We have a couple of Joyboxx. They are OK, but not really big enough, and the build quality isn't anything to shout about for the price. It is basically a $50 plastic box about the size of a shoebox.

Frazzled Minnie

Jan 17, 2021
We have a couple of Joyboxx. They are OK, but not really big enough, and the build quality isn't anything to shout about for the price. It is basically a $50 plastic box about the size of a shoebox.

Yes, thats the box we have! I agree it just doesn't seem to fit the bill. I continue my search!

PS32

Jan 21, 2021
I've come to the conclusion that the answer is to get a piece of furniture that you can lock or secure, and make that your sex toy storage.

Frazzled Minnie

Jan 17, 2021
I've come to the conclusion that the answer is to get a piece of furniture that you can lock or secure, and make that your sex toy storage.
I think that may be the case. I'm concerned a visible lock would just draw their attention though. Best way to make a kid determined to do something is to tell them they aren't allowed to.

Touch35

Mar 23, 2021
Some toys have their own bag, which is great.
Remember to keep them separated in order to avoid any possible chemical reaction between them ;-)

Reactions: Lost Girl

VibroHeaven

Feb 25, 2021
My wife purchased a sort of wash bag, a bit like a handbag but you put your overnight wash things in if you are away from home. I'm surprised it hasn't been found as its sparkly silver but these days there would be a layer of dust on it!

FunGuy96

Aug 8, 2022
So, the solution we went with for this is a nice old school cedar chest with a lock. I got it used from a local shop. We made sure that at first it was unlocked, and we let the kids see that we stored extra linens in there. Then we started leaving stuff on top so it was annoying to access. At that time, we started locking it and storing or toys and special clothing in there. Makes it annoying as we have to clear the top when we want to access but it keeps the kids from even realizing it's locked.

Heads up this trick did not work on the mother-in-law. She came over recently to help clean up and apparently, we didn't verify the lock had engaged last time we used it. I was out of town that weekend so thankfully I only found out via a text message and didn't have to look her mom in the eyes for a week or so lol. But since then, we cleaned up the mess and are much more careful on verifying the lock engages every time we put our toys away.

But great advantage is it gives us plenty of space for storing anything questionable. It also has a little top shelf lined with felt that moves out of the way when you open it. It makes a great place for regularly used small items. And the large area is big enough I could probably fit a sex swing or something in there with all the other items we already have.