Lost Girl

Jan 17, 2021
So the thread about the Magic Wand (https://www.sextechunwrapped.com/th...ginal-vs-magic-wand-rechargeable.90/#post-329) got me thinking. If you get a new improved version of a toy what do you do with the old one? I'm very much of the mind that you have containers for things and once those containers are full you must remove something you no longer want or use to make room for anything new. Most often I give away or donate items to avoid throwing them out, but sex toys? I can't really see giving a friend or neighbor my old magic wand so I can get the new rechargeable version. So I started looking into sex toy recycling. It turns out that there is a small market on craigslist and facebook marketplace for used sex toys (not too sure about that!) There seems to be only 1 company that recycles toys in the US that I could find.
I think we need to be seeing more sustainable products and more ways to recycle unwanted or damaged toys in the future. Maybe this is a start!

LadyG

Feb 19, 2021
I think most people end up with a box of old toys in the back of the closet and they just kinda stay there - forever.

Good to know there is a recycling option - I just can't imagine actually selling used toys online haha.

Tim Fox

May 6, 2021
UK
I pop all mine in the recycling where I can. In the UK we have special 'small electrical waste' bins you can put them in at local (ish) collection points. Some people do find the thought of this a little embarrassing though. 🙂 Lovehoney have a thing where you can send them your old electrical toys and they'll dispose of them for you. You do have to pay the postage, but people may prefer that then being caught at the local tip with a bag of vibrating butt plugs. 🙂

Though, having said that, I tend to keep a lot of the old toys (even the broken ones) as I answer quite a few questions on them, and having them to hand to measure or check the charging cable, etc can be quite handy (even if they don't turn on). Same for the boxes too - I flat-pack and file those along with all the instructions. 🤓

Last edited:

LadyG

Feb 19, 2021
Though, having said that, I tend to keep a lot of the old toys (even the broken ones) as I answer quite a few questions on them, and having them to hand to measure or check the charging cable, etc can be quite handy (even if they don't turn on). Same for the boxes too - I flat-pack and file those along with all the instructions. 🤓
Now THAT is dedication to the cause! 🤘

Lost Girl

Jan 17, 2021
I pop all mine in the recycling where I can. In the UK we have special 'small electrical waste' bins you can put them in at local (ish) collection points. Some people do find the thought of this a little embarrassing though. 🙂 Lovehoney have a thing where you can send them your old electrical toys and they'll dispose of them for you. You do have to pay the postage, but people may prefer that then being caught at the local tip with a bag of vibrating butt plugs. 🙂

Now THAT is dedication to the cause! 🤘
Not all heroes wear capes!

• Haha
Reactions: LadyG and Tim Fox

Henrika

Jun 22, 2023
I also think recycling & care for environment is top choice of smart girls!
Is thereason why I can't buy new&new all the time so I came up with the handmixer idea
is really durable bcause it's vintage
U just use it on slow right
It can take anything I love it