SpringFling

Mar 11, 2021
New here and looking at buying a first toy, and seeing a couple of different materials - TPE and Silicone. TPE seems to be cheaper and quite popular on Amazon. Any tips? Thanks

Max

Staff member
Jan 15, 2021
U.S.A.
Welcome to the site!

You definitely want silicone and not TPE. TPE is porous, so it can become a breeding ground for nasty things.

All of the premium toys usually talk about medical grade silicone - that's what you should go for. Avoid anything else. It might mean spending a bit more, but you don't want to compromise on anything that goes into your body.

Reactions: Tim Fox

Lost Girl

Jan 17, 2021
New here and looking at buying a first toy, and seeing a couple of different materials - TPE and Silicone. TPE seems to be cheaper and quite popular on Amazon. Any tips? Thanks
I really think you should stick with silicone. Make sure you use a lube that is compatible with silicone though. TPE would probably be ok for really short term use but I really think investing in something good quality is much better for you in the long run. You don't want to jeopardize your health.

Reactions: Tim Fox

I'm Fine...

Jan 17, 2021
TPE is apparently softer and more like human skin. Its actually commonly used for sex dolls. As Max says it is porous so if you go that route you need to clean it throughly before and after use. It can also stain and doesn't hold up as well as silicone. So like Lost girl says it may be an ok short term purchase but silicone would be a better long term investment. When I was researching this for myself I can across the sex dolls, boy they've come along way from blow up dolls. Damn! Would it be weird to take a photo of a sex doll to my plastic surgeon for inspiration? :ROFLMAO:
1615817327857.png

Lost Girl

Jan 17, 2021
TPE is apparently softer and more like human skin. Its actually commonly used for sex dolls. As Max says it is porous so if you go that route you need to clean it throughly before and after use. It can also stain and doesn't hold up as well as silicone. So like Lost girl says it may be an ok short term purchase but silicone would be a better long term investment. When I was researching this for myself I can across the sex dolls, boy they've come along way from blow up dolls. Damn! Would it be weird to take a photo of a sex doll to my plastic surgeon for inspiration? :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 54
maybe
Stephen Colbert GIF by Global TV
:ROFLMAO: