So you have always wanted to install a Sex Swing in your house, but perhaps don't want anyone to know exactly what you get up-to in your bedroom adventures.​

Here is our guide on how to install a Sex Swing ceiling hook mount, and completely conceal it to look like part of the room. Nobody is ever going to know that your room can be converted into a Sex Swing playground.

Sexswing-ani-1.gif

It all starts with a smoke detector. The idea here is that we are going to install a hook into the ceiling, and then conceal it inside the mounting bracket of a fully functioning smoke alarm that we can easily move to hang the Sex Swing. So not only do you get a Sex Swing out this, you also get a new smoke detector.

DSC05257-1.jpg

Before you get started​

Note that while we have successfully used this method to install a Sex Swing, you assume all risk for the project. The structural stability of the overhead beams and joists are important, and if you are in any doubt you should not attempt this project, or hire a professional.

This project assumes you are installing the Sex Swing in a typical house that has a drywall ceiling attached to overhead wooden beams and joists.

Since drywall is being cut, this should be considered a semi-permanent installation. Although you can repair the drywall if you change your mind, you should only cut the drywall one you are sure of the location and wish to proceed.

The Tools​

The project doesn't need much in the way of tools, but you will need the following.

1. Cordless Drill/Impact Driver/Screw Driver​

This will be used to screw in the structural screws to hold the D-Ring in place.

2. Stud Finder​

This tool will help you locate the beams in your ceiling that we will be attaching the D-Ring to.

3. Oscillating Saw or Drywall Saw​

This will be used to cut a hole in the drywall ceiling.
If you don't have one, you could buy one for around $30 - Genesis GMT15A 1.5 Amp Multi-Purpose Oscillating Tool. Alternatively, you could use a manual drywall saw or a hobby saw.

The Hardware​

Here is a shopping list of all the hardware that you need for this project.

1. A Sex Swing​

There are lots of Sex Swings on the market starting anywhere from $20 up to $100's. Our favorite is the Screamer Sex Swing from www.sexswing.com. It has wide comfortable straps, includes a head rest (very important), and it is extremely well made. For the type of installation we are showing here, the swing needs to be a single mount type, and not one that requires two mounting points.

2. A D-Ring tie down mount​

This is what the Sex Swing is going to be suspended from. It is important it is strong. For our install, we used a CURT 83730 1 x 1-1/4-Inch Surface-Mounted Trailer D-Ring Tie Down Anchor. It is rated at 1200lbs and costs $1.32 at Amazon.

3. Structural screws​

You need 2 heavy duty structural wood screws to anchor the D-Ring to the roof structure. We used TimberLOK #0 x 4-in Black Ecoat Hex-Head Interior/Exterior Structural Wood Screws. You can buy this individually from Lowes or Home Depot at around $1.30 a piece. You will need 2 screws.

4. A smoke detector​

We used the First Alert Smoke Detector and Carbon Monoxide Detector Alarm, which is not only a great quality detector, but it also has a great bracket to make concealing the Sex Swing mount easier. NOTE that you will be removing the smoke detector to install the sex swing, and it may not function when removed. Ideally have two detectors in your room to give you protection when the sex swing is in use.

DSC05289-6.jpg

Installation Steps​

1. Locate the ceiling joist or beam​

For this first step you should identify approximately where you want to install the Sex Swing. Look for a location that has good clearance around it, away from ceiling fans or anything else that may get in the way. It might be a good idea to hold up the swing and see if the location is suitable.

Next you need to find a solid overhead joist or beam. To do this, use a stud detector. On the ceiling, mark both edges of the beam with a pencil (they should be just under 2" or so across). The aim here is to identify exactly where the beam runs, and know where the edges of it are.

2. Remove a piece of ceiling drywall​

Removing a section of the drywall is important for two reasons. Because you can see the wood, you can be sure that you are screwing directly into the center of an overhead joist or beam. Secondly, it will help the d-ring to be hidden inside the space above the smoke detector.

Use the oscillating saw or drywall saw to remove a small section of the drywall. It should be about 2" x 1.5". Once it is removed you should be able to see the wood of the joist or beam.

3. Mount the D-Ring to the joist or beam​

Using 2 structural screws, attach the d-ring directly to the wood.

DSC05268-3.jpg

4. Install the smoke detector bracket​

Attach the smoke detector bracket to the ceiling so that the D-Ring is in the center of the bracket and accessible. You can use the included screws with the smoke detector to do this.

DSC05264-2.jpg

5. Install the smoke detector​

You should now be able to install the smoke detector into its bracket. To do this, push up the D-Ring so it fits flat against the wooden beam, and then turn the detector so it locks into place.

6. Attach the Sex Swing​

The final step is to test out the install. Remove the smoke detector from the bracket, the D-Ring will fall down into position, and then attach the swing to the D-Ring.

DSC05272-5.jpg

7. Test​

Now that everything is in place and before using the swing, pull down on it an ensure everything is well secured.

Congratulations!​

You should now have a fully functioning, rock-solid, hide-able Sex Swing - enjoy!

DSC05311-7.jpg

Last edited:

I'm Fine...

Jan 17, 2021
The conspicuous mount is the one thing that has kept me from even considering a swing. This is such a good idea!

Frazzled Minnie

Jan 17, 2021
great tutorial! This could open up a whole world for people, no obvious mount if you want to keep that part of your sex life private! I supposed some people wouldn't mind having a obvious mounting point. I know I never considered a swing before but now you've got me thinking. Fire safety is very important!

BlimpK

Jan 17, 2021
batman slow clap GIF
well done! My bedroom is starting to looking like a dungeon. This might be a nice way to clean it up just a little bit lol I just bought our swing but haven't installed it yet so this is perfect timing.

Jan 1, 2022
Sounds like a good idea. There are some drawbacks. There could be a fire during sex, and your alarm would be off. It's unlikely that there would be a fire in the bedroom, literally, but I'll list it anyway. This could be overcome by using a dummy fire alarm.

The other is having to climb up to the ceiling to hook up a sex swing. I realize that's probably a common issue. I'd prefer to have a sex swing over the bed to enable kneeling positions, but the height of the hook would be an issue. and we have a nice vaulted ceiling I don't wnat to mess up.

I got the idea from online, but I bought a chin-up bar and a cheap sex swing that goes on two straps and carabiners instead of a spring. I ordered it. The whole thing costs maybe $36 bucks or so.

Reactions: Sex Tech Unwrapped

Sex Tech Unwrapped

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2021
Sounds like a good idea. There are some drawbacks. There could be a fire during sex, and your alarm would be off. It's unlikely that there would be a fire in the bedroom, literally, but I'll list it anyway. This could be overcome by using a dummy fire alarm.

The other is having to climb up to the ceiling to hook up a sex swing. I realize that's probably a common issue. I'd prefer to have a sex swing over the bed to enable kneeling positions, but the height of the hook would be an issue. and we have a nice vaulted ceiling I don't wnat to mess up.

I got the idea from online, but I bought a chin-up bar and a cheap sex swing that goes on two straps and carabiners instead of a spring. I ordered it. The whole thing costs maybe $36 bucks or so.
Thanks for the feedback, I've updated the original post to suggest having two detectors in the room and to be aware that when removed, it may not be fully functional.

How did the chin-up bar work out for you?

FunGuy96

Aug 8, 2022
Glad you shared this idea. I'm not 100% sure I would trust it for a sex swing, but it has helped me with an idea of how to hide mount points on the wall behind my bed. We have an adjustable bed so no headboard to tie to and have been wanting to try a few things ;) ;)

Thinking I could hide these behind a couple of picture frames, and they would stay nicely hidden till I remove the pictures for use :p

Nice thing about this option is I don't need to worry about making sure they can hold a person's full weight.

I may still consider this option later if I do decide to attempt hiding a sex swing mount although I'm wondering if it may instead be possible to use the standard eyebolt and just screw it in far enough so it can still be hidden by the smoke alarm.

I also had thought in the past about getting a hammock chair to hang from the hook when not in use. This would allow for a sturdy ceiling mount that no one would question. Nice example would be something like this. Hammock Chair

Reactions: Max

Max

Staff member
Jan 15, 2021
U.S.A.
Glad you shared this idea. I'm not 100% sure I would trust it for a sex swing, but it has helped me with an idea of how to hide mount points on the wall behind my bed. We have an adjustable bed so no headboard to tie to and have been wanting to try a few things ;) ;)

Thinking I could hide these behind a couple of picture frames, and they would stay nicely hidden till I remove the pictures for use :p

Nice thing about this option is I don't need to worry about making sure they can hold a person's full weight.

I may still consider this option later if I do decide to attempt hiding a sex swing mount although I'm wondering if it may instead be possible to use the standard eyebolt and just screw it in far enough so it can still be hidden by the smoke alarm.

I also had thought in the past about getting a hammock chair to hang from the hook when not in use. This would allow for a sturdy ceiling mount that no one would question. Nice example would be something like this. Hammock Chair
I like the idea of picture frame disguise!

I wouldn't worry too much about the swing coming down. The ring used above is rated at 1200lbs, and its in a heafty roof beam. I think it would out perform an eye bolt.

FunGuy96

Aug 8, 2022
I like the idea of picture frame disguise!

I wouldn't worry too much about the swing coming down. The ring used above is rated at 1200lbs, and its in a heafty roof beam. I think it would out perform an eye bolt.
Now I just need to convince the misses that I want to hang some pictures in the correct place without here becoming suspicious. That way I can surprise her during our next session. Plus, I worry that is I ask her if I can do it, she may say no since she is planning on trying to sell this house in the next year. Going for the better to ask for forgiveness option lol. Plus, a couple of screw holes in the wall will be the least of our troubles when we try to sell this house.

Edit:

So, I've "tested" out this idea and it worked perfectly. These hooks worked great for giving me a couple of mount points on our wall. They do fold down and hide nicely behind a picture frame as long as they are mounted high enough behind the picture in order to not interfere with the pictures normal slant. I also placed some Velcro command strips at the bottom of each picture to make sure they would stay level and give no one reason to try adjusting them.

Other than the actual sex which was great I think my favorite part of this project was the look on my lady's face when I removed the newly hung pictures to expose some serious looking mount points. I could see the momentary look in her eyes of what the hell did this man do to my wall. Thankfully that was quickly followed with realization that she trusted me to patch the little holes when it's time to sell the house. Plus, it was nice to see the transition from concern that they might pull out to the joy of realizing they aren't going anywhere no matter how active our session was to get.

So, after testing them in this manner I have to say I do feel more comfortable with the idea of hanging a sex swing from one. And I purchased a 10 pack for about $10 so I have more for future projects or if I want to add more mount points.

Now I just need to come up with a good way of making my paracord ropes easily adjustable but in a way where they won't slide during use. For the initial test I put clips on the end for connecting to cuffs and then just tied off to the mount on the wall. While this worked very well, I would like to be able to have clips on both sides and have the length adjustable with a slide of some kind. That way I can have them adjusted to the right length for our standard use and not have to adjusted and tie every time I want to use them. I'm sure this can be done with the right not or piece of hardware. Once I figure this out, I'll probably make a tutorial for others who might want to try such things.

Again, thank you for your post as it helped me come up with a nice solution for something my lady had requested in the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: Max

Max

Staff member
Jan 15, 2021
U.S.A.
Now I just need to convince the misses that I want to hang some pictures in the correct place without here becoming suspicious. That way I can surprise her during our next session. Plus, I worry that is I ask her if I can do it, she may say no since she is planning on trying to sell this house in the next year. Going for the better to ask for forgiveness option lol. Plus, a couple of screw holes in the wall will be the least of our troubles when we try to sell this house.

Edit:

So, I've "tested" out this idea and it worked perfectly. These hooks worked great for giving me a couple of mount points on our wall. They do fold down and hide nicely behind a picture frame as long as they are mounted high enough behind the picture in order to not interfere with the pictures normal slant. I also placed some Velcro command strips at the bottom of each picture to make sure they would stay level and give no one reason to try adjusting them.

Other than the actual sex which was great I think my favorite part of this project was the look on my lady's face when I removed the newly hung pictures to expose some serious looking mount points. I could see the momentary look in her eyes of what the hell did this man do to my wall. Thankfully that was quickly followed with realization that she trusted me to patch the little holes when it's time to sell the house. Plus, it was nice to see the transition from concern that they might pull out to the joy of realizing they aren't going anywhere no matter how active our session was to get.

So, after testing them in this manner I have to say I do feel more comfortable with the idea of hanging a sex swing from one. And I purchased a 10 pack for about $10 so I have more for future projects or if I want to add more mount points.

Now I just need to come up with a good way of making my paracord ropes easily adjustable but in a way where they won't slide during use. For the initial test I put clips on the end for connecting to cuffs and then just tied off to the mount on the wall. While this worked very well, I would like to be able to have clips on both sides and have the length adjustable with a slide of some kind. That way I can have them adjusted to the right length for our standard use and not have to adjusted and tie every time I want to use them. I'm sure this can be done with the right not or piece of hardware. Once I figure this out, I'll probably make a tutorial for others who might want to try such things.

Again, thank you for your post as it helped me come up with a nice solution for something my lady had requested in the past.
That sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing, and please do make a tutorial!!

J.d76

Nov 1, 2022
Kentucky, USA
Not sure if you e found some hardware to use. I recommend looking at any of the 3 products from Niteize.com. They all 3 can be undone quickly, if the need was there. Great products, reasonably priced. I use all 3 with our rope play.
1. Cam jam cord tightener
2. Figure 9 rope tightener
3. Figure 9 caribiner rope tightener.