Tim Fox

May 6, 2021
UK
Rabbits are an iconic toy shape, made mainstream famous by Sex in the City some twenty years ago now, and seem to be the go-to toy for a lot of people new to sex toys. However... they are notoriously tricky to find the perfect 'fit', as they are so dependent on your anatomy lining up with both 'arms' of the toy at the same time.

So, I thought we could have a thread where we talked about all the good ones you've found, or any particularly poor examples you've been unfortunate enough to purchase (think 'one arm on my g-spot, the other on my belly button' 🙂). And any tips and advice for what to look out for, or what to avoid, would be most appreciated as well. 👍

It's mainly for fun, but hopefully sharing our stories and experiences can help other people when they're browsing all the different options out there. 👍🙂

Last edited:

Tim Fox

May 6, 2021
UK
I think our best one is the FSOG Greedy Girl G-Spot one with the squishy tip. That one fits Mrs Chimp really well (it is big though, so that may help 🙂).

And I think the worse one we tried was a thrusting shaft section with a pulsing clit section. That one was impossible to place, and the thrusting was super rough. I'll have to try and dig that out and find the brand (it's been banished to the 'never again' box 🙂).

Daring Couple

Feb 24, 2021
Canada
Thanks for posting this! Rabbits are something that have never been able to make work for us - so glad to hear it isn't just us. They seem like they will work really well, but as you say, I think the whole concept of trying to coordinate the position of the two parts is difficult for many.

Anyway, we have not abandoned the hope of finding a good one - so hope to hear about some more suggestions. :)

Reactions: Tim Fox

Tim Fox

May 6, 2021
UK
They're a great idea, and if you find a good one for you then it's really convenient to have it all controlled with one hand - but even with all the rabbits we've tried Mrs Chimp still prefers a two-toy set-up. 🙂 It just gives her more control over exactly what she wants where she wants it (normally a glass dildo and a good clit toy, like her Womanizer, or the Zumio X).

However, we're slightly addicted to gadgets and gizmos, and there always seems to be a new rabbit with an extra bit of fizz to it. 🙂 Traditional rabbit ears, bulbs, flickering, suction, warming, thrusting, rotating, pulsating, stroking - and we're a sucker for them all. 🙂

After you've tried a couple of versions you can mentally map out the kind of fork shape and arm length that works for you, which can help pare down the options a little. The bulb shaped rabbit sections are good too, as they don't rely on such a specific placement, like ears. The Mantric Rabbit is a good example.

We recently got the Cato rabbit, and that's a lot smaller than the Greedy Girl I linked above. It's not one Mrs Chimp can just leave in place and hit all her spots naturally, but it's great when moved around. Its smaller size makes it very nimble. It also has a 'climax' button that whacks all the motors up to maximum. That was fun. 🙂 I left a review on the product page if you fancy reading more about that one. 🙂👍

Last edited:

I'm Fine...

Jan 17, 2021
Great topic! I'm interested to hear what people have to say and great insight from @Ian Chimp as always. I have one rabbit that was a free gift with purchase and I absolutely hate it. Everything from the way it looks (its transparent cotton candy pink with silver metal balls) to the way it feels. Not sure if this is the exact one but its similar. https://www.amazon.com/CalExotics-Waterproof-Jack-Rabbit-Vibrator/dp/B001G0N5VE I had written off rabbits from that experience. I'm glad to hear they aren't all bad!
1620731410925.png

• Wow
Reactions: Fun21 and Tim Fox

Tim Fox

May 6, 2021
UK
There are some really ugly rabbits out there. 🙂 We tend to stick with silicone rechargeable ones, though even some of those are 'aesthetically challenged'. 🙂

We have a different CalExotics one (the San Francisco Sweetheart) and that's quite pretty. This is another that combines two non-standard stimulation types, and getting it to sit where you need it can be frustrating. I wrote a review for this one too, not linkable unfortunately, but I'll Frankenstein some pieces together and recreate it here. 👍🙂

1620737255104.png

Hello, Sweetheart
Before I get into the review proper I’ll mention that the self-healing silicone charging port is incredibly subtle on this toy, so if you’re flicking through the reviews tearing your hair out looking for how to charge the bloody thing you simply slide the charger jack into the little pinprick indentation underneath ‘Calexotics’ on the back of the handle and you’re ready to hook it up to a USB port.

It also comes with the travel lock activated so if you’ve skipped that bit in the instructions you need to hold the top button down for 3 seconds and you’ll then be able to use the other two buttons as normal (the button lights do flash briefly to let you know the lock has been activated/deactivated but they’re not the brightest so you may not notice them).

Anyhoo, to the review…

We’re big fans of toys with extra gadgets and features that provide something a little different to the usual vibrator experience so we were very excited to get our hands on this colourful little chap. Not only does it have the stroking motion at the tip of the shaft but the rabbit section itself is also a flickering tongue style rather than the traditional double ears or bulb shape that are common to most rabbits.

The Basics -

I really like the look of this vibrator. It’s very bright without being neon and the metallic-style detailing is also a nice touch that makes it look a bit swisher than it would without it. The silicone feels as smooth as it looks and it doesn’t seem to have any drag to it either. It boasts an impressive 2.5 hours battery life on low speed from a single 2.5 hour charge, though this reduces to 45 minutes run-time on high speed (which is still plenty for us). It’s also waterproof, has a memory chip, and a travel lock too which are all useful functions but not ones we actually use that much.

The Features -

The rabbit section has 3 constant speeds plus 7 quite varied patterns, and there’s also 3 speeds for the come-hither tip (though no vibrations). These two sections are independently controlled using the middle and bottom buttons, with the top button being a kill switch that turns off both features instantly (as well as being the travel lock button as mentioned above). If you want to stop just one feature then you can hold that particular button down for 3 seconds to turn it off, though it’s much easier to use the kill switch and simply turn the one you want back on again as the memory function will remember what setting you were on.

It isn’t a particularly noisy toy either, easily muffled by a duvet and a closed door, though the come-hither motion does sound a tad mechanical as these type of gadget add-ons often do. It’s not loud but if you’ve not used this kind of alternative function before the whirring sound may catch you by surprise.

The rabbit has quite a kick to it. Mrs Chimp loved the flicker action but position is everything as it can get a little much if it’s cranked up high and catches you in the wrong place. The stroking speeds are at good increments and the come-hither movement itself is a decent size (about 2 inches of the tip) so it gives quite a pronounced sensation.

Position –

As with all rabbits position is key and Mrs Chimp loved this toy when it was positioned right for her. She found having the stroking tip only just inside gave her the most stimulation from that section, and luckily this also put the rabbit in about the right place too. The added bonus from this placement was a nice rocking motion of the rabbit against her clit, so in effect the whole toy was being used to stroke rather than just the insertable portion. However, whenever she gets excited she feels the urge to have more of the shaft too and that’s when it doesn’t fit her quite as well. Her main gripe with it was that the rabbit section isn’t as flexible in use as it first appears so if she wants it in further there’s an element of hand gymnastics and strong thumbs to move the rabbit around otherwise she finds it can get a bit pinchy.

We do love a good gadget, and this one has a lot going for it, but it’s perhaps not for a beginner. For the discerning rabbit collector I think this toy has some really good features.

Pros: Loved the flickering tongue and stroking tip when in the right position
Cons: Not a perfect fit. Wished it could have been a little more flexible.
Bottom Line: Perhaps not one for a beginner, but if it fits it’s great.

Fun21

Jan 18, 2021
United Kingdom
Great topic! I'm interested to hear what people have to say and great insight from @Ian Chimp as always. I have one rabbit that was a free gift with purchase and I absolutely hate it. Everything from the way it looks (its transparent cotton candy pink with silver metal balls) to the way it feels. Not sure if this is the exact one but its similar. https://www.amazon.com/CalExotics-Waterproof-Jack-Rabbit-Vibrator/dp/B001G0N5VE I had written off rabbits from that experience. I'm glad to hear they aren't all bad!View attachment 65
Yeah that is a frankenstein contraption clearly made by someone who has no idea about the human body.

I really like this one - really high quality feel, great motors and perfect shape and fit.

Frazzled Minnie

Jan 17, 2021
Yeah that is a frankenstein contraption clearly made by someone who has no idea about the human body.

I really like this one - really high quality feel, great motors and perfect shape and fit.

No understanding of the female body. It's from a (hopefully past) era of male conceived and designed toys for women, like the over the shoulder boulder holders from the 50s. I'm glad companies are attempting to doing better now. The we-vibe looks good