Tim Fox

May 6, 2021
UK
What would be the top pieces of advice you'd give to someone who was looking to explore sex toys?

Battery powered first, or straight to rechargeable? Buzzy versus rumbly? Broad or precision? Are there any things you learnt the hard way? Any top tips you've gleaned along the way?

I think sex toys can be quite an expensive hobby, and you can easily be put off by an early bad purchase, so any help and guidance is surely a good thing. 👍🙂

The main one I always say as a good starting point is to remember that every body is different, so everyone can't like everything equally. One person's guaranteed orgasm machine can be the next person's 'meh', so unfortunately there's no universal 'one-toy-to-rule-them-all'. But I think that half the fun of sex toys is the exploration. 👍🙂

Last edited:

Daring Couple

Feb 24, 2021
Canada
The main one I always say as a good starting point is to remember that every body is different, so everyone can't like everything equally. One person's guaranteed orgasm machine can be the next person's 'meh', so unfortunately there's no universal 'one-toy-to-rule-them-all'. But I think that half the fun of sex toys is the exploration.
I think you hit the nail on the head with this. There isn't one size fits all - although the Womaniser-type toys seem to be the closest so far to that haha. So we are always on the lookout for new and better things.

I think my advice to someone new would be to buy something in the mid-range. Avoid all the novelty stuff, avoid the super high end toys, and go for a recommended mid-range toy from a well known brand. It is a starting point that you can explore from and develop a taste for what you like.

Reactions: Tim Fox

Tim Fox

May 6, 2021
UK
Sex toy kits and bundles can be another inexpensive way to try out a few different toy shapes/styles before choosing to invest in something swisher. The toys in them won't be the top of the line, but the ones from good sex toy companies should offer some decent examples. 👍