Max

Staff member
Jan 15, 2021
U.S.A.
I've been following the progress of The Handy for a while now, and I just got my very own and wanted to share my first impressions.

1200x1200_Handy-and-box-scaled.jpg

First the device is very well made. It looks and feels very high quality. This isn't your typical novelty-type of sex toy. The Handy looks and feels like it is made of high-quality materials and will last - an important point considering its higher than average price.

The body of The Handy is very smooth and well-shaped, it fits in the hand well. It isn't heavy, but it has a reassuring heft to it.

The controls are rubberized buttons on soft-touch panel. One is power, one is for WiFi connect, and then a 4 way direction pad controls speed and stroke length.

A bit unusual in today's rechargeable world is that The Handy has no internal battery and must be plugged into an outlet. For some, this may be a problem, but for me it isn't. The benefits of having continuous high power are essential for its operation, and I don't think this is the type of device that demands to be cordless. The power supply is something similar to what you find on a laptop, with a cable running to a power adaptor, and then a cable running to The Handy.

The first thing I did before using it for the first time was to get familiar with the controls and see just how powerful The Handy is. I was immediately impressed with how smooth it moved. I cranked up the speed and stroke length to max, and it soon became very clear why The Handy needs to be powered by the mains and not battery. It really moves! As impressive as the max speeds are, what also impressed me was how slow and controlled it could move at the lowest settings. You really can make The Handy move exactly how you want it to.

Next step was to try it for real. The instructions are super easy to follow. You add lube to the inside of the sleeve, insert the penis into the sleeve, and attach the sleeve to The Handy with the velcro band. The attachment system seems very primitive, but it is effective. You can attach it as tightly as you want, and it can handle all different body sizes. In use, the buttons are very easy to use, and controlling The Handy was easy for me right away. I was able to go a far way up on the speed scale before it became too much, and I was easily able to throttle it down to keep things going. The stroke length is easy to change, and I really liked being able to adjust the stroke and speed together to get the exact feeling that was pleasurable to me at that time. I've tried way too many toys that are either so powerful that in a 60 seconds, it is all over or too little power, and it doesn't really do much for me. The Handy has none of these problems.

After my first test run, I decided to try and get the WiFi connectivity to work. I was extremely impressed how easy the setup was. All you do is hold the Wifi button on the device, open the HandyConnect app on the phone, and it connects. From there, the app gives you a connection key, which you can use with the online remote control and other services.

With the WiFi connectivity setup, I went to the Handy Feeling website and got started using the web-based remote control. This works really well, and is my preferred way to use The Handy. There are all kinds of preset patterns and customized controls which let you tune The Handy to exactly what you are want to feel. The visualizations on the screen make it very easy to see what effect changing the control will have on The Handy, and the toy responds instantly to any changes.

The Random Stroke generator is my absolute favorite. You can vary the speed range, the stroke range, the minimum stroke length, the time between pattern changes, and the pause between patterns. The randomizer then takes all your options and starts controlling The Handy. The not knowing exactly what will happen adds a lot to the enjoyment. But it is great because it uses your chosen max and min settings, so you don't get anything too powerful or too weak for your liking.

So they are my first thoughts after a few days with The Handy. It is, without doubt, the best penis stroker device out there that I have tried. It gives you so much flexibility that you can control your session so well, yet it still can surprise you and make things much more interesting. The Handy excels as a piece of tech, and as a pleasure device - I think this is a first of its kind.

You can tell that the people behind The Handy understand what people want from this device, and they continually use feedback and their own testing to improve it. We have already seen many software updates that bring new features and capabilities.

I can't wait to see how The Handy evolves and what comes next!

Last edited by a moderator: