Max

Staff member
Jan 15, 2021
U.S.A.
Hi, I'm Ian 👋

I'm just having a little browse of the boards and thought I'd say 'hello'. 🙂

It seems like this is quite a new place. How's everyone finding it so far?
Welcome to the site and thanks for taking the time to post.

Site is very new - so looking forward to see how it develops. How did you find us?

Reactions: Tim Fox

Tim Fox

May 6, 2021
UK
Forgive me, I may have caused a little UK/US idiom confusion. 🙂 When I asked 'How's everyone finding it so far?' I meant, 'What are people's opinions of the site?' rather than how they stumbled across it. 🙂

Not sure if your question was simply coincidence, but thought I'd clarify just in case. 👍🙂

Reactions: Max

Max

Staff member
Jan 15, 2021
U.S.A.
Forgive me, I may have caused a little UK/US idiom confusion. 🙂 When I asked 'How's everyone finding it so far?' I meant, 'What are people's opinions of the site?' rather than how they stumbled across it. 🙂

Not sure if your question was simply coincidence, but thought I'd clarify just in case. 👍🙂
haha I knew what you meant :) - I was also just curious how you discovered the site. Being so new it is really great (and surprising) that we have that Google ranking.

Tim Fox

May 6, 2021
UK
I did think that initially, and then got a case of 'new forum nerves' and started to second guess myself. 🙂

I periodically check for 'sex toy forums' and I rarely get any useful results, so I was very excited to see this one pop up. 🙂 I'm also looking forward to seeing how it develops. 👍

Last edited:

Tim Fox

May 6, 2021
UK
Could you tell me a bit more about who you guys are and what you had in mind when you created this place? Are you affiliated to any businesses, or do you work in the industry? What inspired you to make a sex toy forum? What are your hopes for it? That kind of thing. 🙂

Vesper

Staff member
Jan 15, 2021
USA
Could you tell me a bit more about who you guys are and what you had in mind when you created this place? Are you affiliated to any businesses, or do you work in the industry? What inspired you to make a sex toy forum? What are your hopes for it? That kind of thing. 🙂
Hi! We're a husband and wife team that noticed a lack of a dedicated sex tech forum. We aren't affiliated with any company or work in the sex tech industry. We see it as a growing field and wanted to be able to provide a friendly judgement free place for people to learn as the technology and industry continues to grow and change.

• Love
Reactions: Max and Tim Fox

Tim Fox

May 6, 2021
UK
Hi! We're a husband and wife team that noticed a lack of a dedicated sex tech forum. We aren't affiliated with any company or work in the sex tech industry. We see it as a growing field and wanted to be able to provide a friendly judgement free place for people to learn as the technology and industry continues to grow and change.
That's great. 👍🙂 I've been part of a forum for a few years, but it's hosted by a sex toy company and they don't like mentions of competitors (which is fair enough). Having a non-affiliated site to chat about all the toys, and all the different stores to buy them from, is fantastic. I definitely think people will appreciate it when they find it. 👍🙂

Max

Staff member
Jan 15, 2021
U.S.A.
That's great. 👍🙂 I've been part of a forum for a few years, but it's hosted by a sex toy company and they don't like mentions of competitors (which is fair enough). Having a non-affiliated site to chat about all the toys, and all the different stores to buy them from, is fantastic. I definitely think people will appreciate it when they find it. 👍🙂
Yes this is certainly something that we have noticed. There are lots of great manufactures out there, and we don't think discussion should be locked down to whichever brand or store owns/controls the forum.

I think as well we are at a major shift with sex tech. Products are far more advanced than they used to be, and the pricing is getting more inline with buying a new phone. People need some resources to help make buying decisions and to share the wealth of knowledge that is out there.

Max

Staff member
Jan 15, 2021
U.S.A.
I did think that initially, and then got a case of 'new forum nerves' and started to second guess myself. 🙂

I periodically check for 'sex toy forums' and I rarely get any useful results, so I was very excited to see this one pop up. 🙂 I'm also looking forward to seeing how it develops. 👍
Yes I know what you mean! I've been involved in forums for a long time, and operate a fairly large site on a very different subject. So I know how difficult they can be to get started, and how it takes work to make them thrive. But when they do I think forums are still very relevant and can be a great resource offering something more than you can find on social media.

Tim Fox

May 6, 2021
UK
I love a good forum. 🙂 I'm not that savvy with social media, but the quality of discussion seems to be a lot better on a forum compared with tweets or Facebook messages.

Sex toys as a hobby can get pretty pricey pretty quickly. 🙂 I think anything that can help inform people's choices (and shave off a bit of money if possible) is a good thing. 👍

Tim Fox

May 6, 2021
UK
Welcome @Ian Chimp - loving your posts - great to hear from someone so knowledgeable on all things sex toys!
Thank you. 🙂 Though I'm no expert, just an enthusiastic amateur. 🙂 I love picking up new little tidbits of information and adding them to the mix. There's so much variety, and being able to chat about toys with like-minded people means even the bad ones can be fun in their own way. 🙂

Looking forward to seeing you around. 🙂👍

Reactions: Lost Girl